COMMUNITY2024-05-07T16:53:32-07:00

Here’s a thought…

“Don’t ask me who’s influenced me. A lion is made up of the lambs he’s digested, and I’ve been reading all my life.”

GIORGOS SEFERIS

LATEST IN COMMUNITY

Orcas Community Band is back

May 12th, 2024|

||| FROM KAREN KEY SPECK for ORCAS COMMUNITY BAND ||| Music brings people together.  After three long years of pandemic hiatus, the Orcas Island Community Band presents its first formal concert on Friday, June 7,

Geomagnetic storms forecast for Saturday

May 11th, 2024|

||| FROM NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ||| Special Weather Statement National Weather Service Seattle WA 509 AM PDT Sat May 11 2024 San Juan County-Western Whatcom County-Southwest Interior- Western Skagit County-Everett and Vicinity-Tacoma Area- Admiralty Inlet

As the Paradigm Shifts | Aging – Who me?

May 11th, 2024|

||| AS THE PARADIGM SHIFTS by ROSIE KUHN ||| My 68-year-old client, Miranda, was profoundly impacted by the results of her cataract surgery. Without the need for glasses, Miranda was confronted by the fact that

Sheriff’s Report | May 1 – 7, 2024

May 11th, 2024|

||| FROM SAN JUAN COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE ||| WEDNESDAY, MAY 1 24-002523 Suspicious Person/Circumstance 15:31:34 05/01/24 A San Juan Deputy was dispatched to a report of suspicious activity. The reporting party advised that they received

In case you had not heard

May 10th, 2024|

||| FROM HILARY CANTY ||| Today Is Unique Donor Day! Head to www.giveorcas.org and make a donation of $10 or more to the proposals you care about. Together, we make Orcas stronger! Didier Gincig makes the

“My Beloved Orcas” Art Exhibition

May 10th, 2024|

||| FROM LENA KASSA for ORCAS SENIOR CENTER ||| Experience the enchanting "My Beloved Orcas" Art Exhibition at Orcas Senior Center April 29 to June 28, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 3 pm. Delight

Square Dancing on tap on Saturday at Odd Fellows

May 10th, 2024|

||| FROM NIK SCHULZ for ORCAS ODD FELLOWS ||| Square Dance, Saturday, May 11th Odd Fellows Hall, 7pm–9pm featuring The Cully Cutups (Caleb Klauder, Reeb Willms, and Chris Miller) and caller Kelsey Nelsen  Sliding scale, kids

Uke Float on ferry

May 9th, 2024|

||| FROM ANITA ORNE for JP AND THE OK RHYTHM BOYS ||| It’s Floating Ukulele Jam time again! Grab your uke, your voice, a song or two to share, and your friends and relations and

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Go to Top