COMMUNITY2024-05-07T16:53:32-07:00

Here’s a thought…

“Don’t ask me who’s influenced me. A lion is made up of the lambs he’s digested, and I’ve been reading all my life.”

GIORGOS SEFERIS

LATEST IN COMMUNITY

Midnight Mutterings | Fiction

May 4th, 2024|

||| MIDNIGHT MUTTERINGS by JACKIE BATES ||| Look, I wrote a nice column before midnight called ‘Milkman.’ It was a memoir muttering about another time and place. I dutifully copied it along the way occasionally

Sheriff’s Report | April 24 – 30, 2024

May 4th, 2024|

||| FROM SAN JUAN COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE ||| WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24 24-002366 Harassment 15:54:43 04/24/24 A Friday Harbor resident reported a male individual had called her 3 times and stopped by to talk to her

Sunken vessel off Henry Island

May 3rd, 2024|

||| FROM BRENDAN COWAN for DEPARTMENT OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT ||| Early in the day on Friday May 3rd, a 48-foot commercial fishing vessel ran aground and sank at the south end of Henry Island. The

Give Orcas set to launch

May 3rd, 2024|

And Here We GO! ||| FROM HILARY CANTY ||| The 12th annual Spring Give Orcas Campaign launches this coming Wednesday, May 8th and runs through May 17th. WaHOOO! Give Orcas started as a way to

Meet County Manager finalists

May 2nd, 2024|

||| FROM SAN JUAN COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS ||| San Juan County invites the public to meet and interview the finalist for the County Manager position. The remaining candidates will visit each district on Tuesday, May 7,

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Go to Top